Rutgers has a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem that supports budding innovators and entrepreneurs. The semi-annual Rutgers Innovation and Entrepreneurship Expo is a must-attend event for innovative students and alumni.
The 2019 Innovation and Entrepreneurship Expo attracted nearly 300 student attendees and included:
- Innovator’s Resource Fair with 28 exhibitors, featuring programs, classes, student groups, innovation spaces, and other free resources for Rutgers students. A prize for Favorite Student Exhibit was awarded to the E.B. FIRST Robotics Club.
- Keynote Speaker Steve Barsh, Managing Partner, Dreamit Ventures presented 7 Deadly Mistakes Most Startups Make and Exactly How to Fix Them.
- Pitch Competition with four finalist teams competing for cash and other prizes. Finalists were Nutrivide, Knowt, Beagle Technologies, and Eleftheria.
- Start-Up Stories from students who have launched companies. SULIS and Aersys Inc.
- Food from Gerlanda’s and menu tasting samples from Redd’s Biergarten.
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Rutgers EcoComplex/EcoIgnite
- Rutgers Food Innovation Center
- Rutgers Professional Science Masters Program (MBS)
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Dept
- Rutgers Career Exploration and Success
- Day Pitney, LLP
- Office of Economic Development and Innovation, NJAES
- Rutgers School of Communication and Information
- Division of Continuing Studies/Rutgers Makerspace
- Rutgers Cinema
- Sonu Nanda Photography
- PNC Bank
- Redd’s Biergarten
- Vista Hermosa
- Incentive Gourmet