Rutgers is a Partner institution of the I-Corps Northeast Hub. Through the Hub, many opportunities and programs are available for Rutgers innovators.
The NSF I-Corps Hub: Northeast Region is made up of ten universities, with new affiliates added annually. Note: Participants in Hub programs do NOT need to be affiliated with a Hub member university. Learn about our two I-Corps training programs Novus (half day) and Propelus (5-weeks) here
Note: If you are interested in participating in I-Corps. we recommend you attend an upcoming Information Session or Novus program. For specific questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to meet with you if needed. We also encourage you to sign up for our Hub newsletter here
If you are working on an innovation and have a team of two, you may apply to the Regional program by clicking the link below.
APPLY AS A TEAM
We also offer additional opportunities for students and Post-docs from underrepresented groups to join a team as a Fellow. Interested students should click below to Learn about the Fellowship and apply here APPLY AS A FELLOW.
Students, faculty, staff from ALL Rutgers campuses/schools and alumni who have a STEM-based Innovation are invited to apply for this eye-opening 5-session program funded by the National Science Foundation.
Our goal is to nurture and support teams to help transition their technology concepts into the marketplace.
Site team ideas or projects can originate from student work, research (funded or unfunded), or institutional projects. The focus of a project should be in an area(s) of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) normally supported by the National Science Foundation.
Learn more in the Rutgers Today article Bringing a Silicon Valley Approach to Help Rutgers Research Move Beyond the Laboratory, Rutgers launches local National Science Foundation supported program to train scientists to become entrepreneurs .
You must have at least two team members to be accepted to the Propelus I-Corps Site Program. See the team members tab for a description of the various team members.
Benefits of participating in I-Corps™
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the market; discover new market applications for your innovation – “the Pivot”
- Learn what it takes to commercialize technology and overcome barriers; improve future fundability
- Earn designation as an NSF-funded project >eligible to apply for the National NSF I-Corps™ and a $50k grant
- Receive reimbursement for up to $3000 for Customer Discovery and related expenses
- Foster new collaborations; integrate into the larger Rutgers and regional Innovation Ecosystem
- Connect to “next steps” resources
* I-Corps™ funding is a reimbursement to teams for travel and other expenses related to conducting customer discovery interviews with to potential stakeholders (customers, payors, decision makers, etc.).
Mentor the Next Generation of Innovators
We are recruiting Mentors to assist our teams in their customer discovery and commercialization efforts. If you are interested in joining our next Cohort or would like additional information about being a mentor, please fill out our brief survey.
If you would like more information about the NE I I-Corps Hub programs visit us at I-Corps Northeast Hub