Rutgers I-Corps Site Updates
Cohort 9 (Fall 2020), an all-virtual cohort, is currently underway.
Customer Discovery Interviews:
All teams are highly encouraged to reach the goal of 25 Customer Discovery meetings by your final presentation, but this is not mandatory due to our new normal of “Getting Out of the Building Virtually.” Teams with closer to 25 interviews will definitely be in a better position to outline Next Steps. Also, teams applying to National are encouraged to get as many quality interviews as possible. Please continue Customer Discovery efforts even after the Cohort ends as you still have access to Innovation Within until mid-May.
For the Final Lessons Learned Presentations, we want to see and hear about your I-Corps journey and how your team progressed from Week 1 to completion. You will have 8 minutes to present with 4 minutes of Teaching Team feedback. Hopefully you can show pictures of when you first Got Out of the Building early in the cohort and how you transitioned to the WebEx/Skype/Zoom meetings since the pandemic forced us all to restrict travel.
- Share key insights from your Customer Discovery Interviews.
- Explain which hypotheses you validated or invalidated (and why).
- Quote your customer where possible so we understand where they’re coming from.
- Show versions of your Business Model Canvas and how it changed over time. Have you achieved Product/Market Fit?
- Finally share what your Next Steps are and what you need in order to get to the next level, whether it’s more Customer Discovery interviews, developing the prototype, funding, resources, mentorship, another program, or applying to National I-Corps, etc. Tell us how we can continue to help you.